CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Test and more Test

The appointment to NHC was not as bad as i expected. I even found a shuttle bus service to bring the staffs and visitor's/patient's, around from one building to the other, what a lifesaver la. And plus it's FREE!!

The staffs are friendly and it's doesn't look as crazy as TTSH, the waiting time was not long either, i am really impressed. The lady doctor told me that i have nothing to worry about but she wants me to do some test's, just to be on the safe side. For tomorrow i have to go to NHC again to do a 24 Hour Holter Monitoring, it will be weird to have the leads sticking on me, hopefully when i get home, the leads won't fall off! It's not cheap the test, for that alone it cost $203! No joke right. I need to do some blood test as well, the staff was nice enough to explained to me that i can't do the blood test in the morning as there would be a lot of people, and anyway i need to do the Holter first before doing the blood test. Sigh..

The 2nd test is called Stess Echo Exercise, whereby i have to walk on a treadmill and they will be monitoring my heart rate. I hope it's not too tiring la. This one is more shocking, the test cost $513!. When i saw the test slips and the costs for them, i almost had a heart attack! I told my sis, Ipah and she was even shocked about it. Ipah is kind enough to helped me with the expenses. Dunno why i feel like crying a lot these past few days. Thank you Ipah!

I need to change the follow up appointment with the cardio doctor, when i saw what was written on the card, she clearly says, she want me to see her, 2 weeks after i am done with the test's and now the counter staff give me the date which is on the 18/2, but i have to do my 2nd test on the 10/3. If i were to ignore it, i would need to pay more to see the doctor and plus i would be wasting not just my time but the doctor as well. Tomorrow i would ask the counter staff to make the amendment for me.