CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

After....Yesterday "Storm"

Went out from the house at 745am, the night before i decided to go for my blood test first. Why waste another day right when i can do the 2 appt on the same day. Arrived at the Heart Centre by 845am, so far so good. Asked the counter clerk if i need to passed them the stool test at the same place as well and she said yes. I was SOOO thankful that i was quick about this next incident. The clerk was asking me stuffs and saying ok, the payment for the tests would be $203!

WAIT A MINUTE, DID I HEARD THAT RIGHT?? $203!!!

I double confirmed with her saying that if the payment was being made under "B2" and she proceed to checked again and asked if i have the white appt card or the blue appt card (the blue card is for private patient, white card is for B2 and below). I explained to her that i had been downgraded from last week and she said, ok, thank you for pointing it out to her and she made the right amendment and the payment came out as $98 instead.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE RIGHT! FOR ONCE I WAS QUICK THINKING, HAHA, I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF! ^_^

Took the blood test and this time around they can only get 1 full yellow tube from me. It was supposed to be 3 tubes of blood. I told the technician {that's what they are called), that i am anemic and the other lady said that it's ok, they can make do with whatever that they had gotten from me. For once my arm was feeling kind of numb, it has never happened to me before whenever i took the blood test.

Next stop is the Gynae appt, which is at Block 5. I have like 30mins to spare. Nice, nice. The appt is at 940am. I don't have to rush or anything. Got to the place by 930am, thanks to clear directions which SGH have put up and to my glasses as well, or i will be blind instead.

Did the registration and now to wait. And boy was it a long wait. I got to see the dr by 1020am. Ok lah that's not REALLY a long wait, i get to seat while i was waiting and i was watching the tv as well. SGH is really generous with the tv, it's everywhere! I was pleasantly surprised by the dr, yes he is a male dr but he came across as someone who is friendly and approachable. Starts asking me questions, i have to tell everything, no secrets to keep cause they need to know almost about everything. When was my last period and "others".

I even did a PAP SMEAR TEST. How about that, my FIRST EVER!

I have to say....the experience was quite interesting, in a weird kind of way. Next he checked my womb and said that it's ok. Hmm how do you defined 'OK'. I was so nervous when i was doing the Pap Smear test that my legs was shaking xD. They would post to me the results in 2 weeks time.

I asked the dr again with the chances of me having a kid in the future and he said, since my heart is not strong and i'm having a leaked valve in the heart and IF i were to go to labour, i might have a HEART FAILURE, when they do the anaethestic on me. He advised me that if i ever plan to get pregnant, i need to see them again so that they can monitor my progress closely. That's the only thing that i need to worry about, other than that, he don't see as to why i can't have any children.

Right now, the dr want to find out as to why i am anemic, he give me a medication. When i am having my period i am supposed to take that, it's to make my blood flow lesser. I doubt that would help much. They keep asking me if i eat meat, and i said yes. So i don't know also la...so complex. The medicine doesn't look cute, so i won't be posting the picture, LOL.

That's quite a relieve when i heard it, i just have to be careful with my decisions. The other options is always getting an Op. But yeah it doesn't look as bleak as before. Alhamdulillah!

When i think about my visits to the doctors and the tests that i have to do i can consider myself lucky, i have come across ppl that have been really nice and patience with me. As it is going alone for these kind of things can be so stressful for someone such as myself, so when the day passes by with no drama at all, i call it a really good day for me :)

Sorry if my explanation was long winded, hehe.